The Benefits and Payroll Specialist role reports to and supports the Senior Administration Manager and works in the Durham, NC office. The Benefits and Payroll Specialist will provide comprehensive support to employees and management in Trilogy’s North American office (US and Canada).
Total compensation activities, data, and systems
- Handle employee and benefit provider inquiries.
- Manage documentation of employees such as onboarding, change-of-status, benefits, terminations, etc.
- Execution of US payroll and funding of 401K and HSA accounts.
- Execution of Canadian payroll activities and verification of RRSP funding.
- Assist with the purchase of various employee insurances.
- Apply corporate policies and programs and support the education of employees in total compensation philosophy.
Employee engagement & communication
- Support practices and deliver service that reinforces engagement and retention of employees.
- Maintain an open, respectful relationship with employees encouraging feedback/input from all and uphold company values.
Office compliance & governance
- Support the administration of the worker’s compensation program.
- Support the administrative efforts of opening, closing, and upkeep of company state-based entities.
- Based in the Durham, NC office.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Office Management or Human Resource Management required.
- 2 years’ experience within office management or an HR function as specialist, or a combination of generalist and specialist experience.
- Knowledge of local and relevant employment legislation (preferred).
- Expertise with compensation/payroll, benefits, and employee relations.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent problem solving, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Very high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong ability to work in a matrix environment.
Trilogy Writing is a dynamic, growing company focused on medical writing of regulatory documents. We provide services to a solid, international customer base that includes a broad range of pharmaceutical companies that are among the best-known names in the European and US pharmaceutical industry. We value our people and offer a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits.
To apply, please write in English, specifying how you comply with the experience requirements, with your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trilogy Writing & Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. Our company values are based on inclusivity and diversity, and we do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We passionately believe in creating a supportive environment in which everyone can grow, flourish, and do their best work.